Friday, January 3, 2014

Five Minute Friday - Fight

Fight.  I really hate that word.   It just brings up images of bloody lips and yelling.  Ugh.

But there is something that I just realized.  I'm always fighting.  Maybe not with words and bloody lips but with living a life that looks like a magazine.  And you know... it just doesn't seem worth it.  Cause what I'm really fighting is myself and it shows in my disorganization and in my attitude and in my lifestyle.  I'm fighting who I really am meant to be with who I think the world wants me to be.  Or rather perhaps it me fighting who I really am with the perception of who I think the world wants me to be.  So right now, I'm taking off my boxing gloves, wiping away the sweat and I'm going to stop fighting myself. God wants me to be me.  The real me.  Not the perception of who I think everyone else wants to see.

This is going to be hard.  One thing I know is that with God on my side, the fight will be over. This will be more like a journey.  An adventure where you don't know where you are quite going but when the mountain is steep and the valley is deep, God is there.  He is there walking beside me.  He is there pushing me up the mountain and walking deep in the valley  He is there.

4 comments:

  1. You are not alone in your struggle to be yourself. I struggle with this very same thing a lot, and it's difficult to overcome. But, y'know, I wrote my FMF post around Exodus 14:14. If you haven't read it, read it. God is always with you and He longs for you to be who He created you to be. He longs to fight for you.

    Blessings,
    Ami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ami. This is an excellent quote. I'm going to post it as a reminder for myself.

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful view of the word "fight"! I could so identify with your words. I mentioned in my FMF post that while fighting I always ask myself "Will this comment hurt or heal?" Your post reminded me that I need to ask myself that same question when I'm hurling the negative comments at myself and my life.
    Please stop by my blog if you get a chance. First time posting on FMF
    Blessings to you~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes it definitely feels like a fight to be who we were meant to be, yes? Keep on fighting, girl.

    Dionna
    http://beautyinthestorm.com

    ReplyDelete