Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Listen


As I thought about the 2016 word for me, I kept hearing this whisper of a word - listen.

Listen.

I let the word settle in my mind for a few weeks wondering what this meant.  Listen for what?  Listen to whom?

Listen to me.  Listen to my words.  Listen to my people.  Don't just hear their words.  Listen to their words.

I don't know about you but sometimes I hear words people speak to me but I'm not listening.  Instead, I'm thinking about the words I'm going to say in reply.

Listen to my people?  That's going to be a bit harder.  That means I need to be hearing their words with purpose.  That means that I need to focus on them and not me.

Listen.

That means my presence in a room isn't about me and what I have to say. It's about placing the focus on Christ, His word, His people.  If I should respond after listening, then those words should be Christ-centered and not me centered.

I need time to let this word settle in my heart.


OneWordCoffee Linkup

No comments:

Post a Comment