Tuesday, December 23, 2014

O Come, O Come, Emmanuel

Today is the last day of the O Antiphons.  I sit here, purposely, carving out time to ponder this moment.  I have the candles lit to help me feel the peace and calm that I am desperately seeking.  These four weeks of Advent plus the three weeks prior have seemed more like Lent. This is the holy moment I have been craving for four weeks but not finding.

I have put my self above God. I have put my needs for my expectations over what God needs of me.  As I slowly let go of control, I quickly grabbed onto God's hand and held tightly.  I listened to praise and praise music, Advent music and tried to remember to pray the Liturgy of the Hours throughout the day.  When I did that, I felt peace in my heart. I felt God.

Emmanuel.

God with us.

God with me.

O Come, O Come, Emmanuel.

No comments:

Post a Comment